30 Sept 2015

Wedding invitation - invitación de boda

I got married last year. My then fiancé took care of almost everything... But the invitation was all mine. After too much thinking and less sketching, I finally came up with the final illustration.
♦ ♦ ♦
Me casé el año pasado. El que aún era mi prometido se encarcó de casi todo... Pero la invitación era toda mía. Tras mucho pensar y poco abocetar, llegué a la idea final.


The dragon represents him, for it's his Chinese horoscope and he feels quite identified with such a strong creature. I'm the tree. I suppose I kind of connect him to the ground with my roots, but I get distracted from time to time with all those little creatures and magic around me (or we could say I have my feet in the ground and my head in the clouds).

And, just for those around who are curious enough, Here are some pictures of the final printed card, on a really ivory thick paper (though it doesn't really show in the pictures).

♦ ♦ ♦
El dragón le representa a él, ya que es su horóscopo chino y se siente identificado con esta criatura. Yo soy el árbol. Supongo que a veces soy la que mantengo sus pies en la tierra con mis raíces, pero me distraigo de vez en cuando con todas las criaturillas y magia a mi alrededor (o, dicho de otra forma, tengo los pies en la tierra y la cabeza en las nubes).

Y ya para los que tengan curiosidad, aquí os dejo algunas fotografías de como quedó la invitación final impresa, en un grueso papel de tono marfil (que no se aprecia demasiado en las imágenes...)



No comments:

Post a Comment