23 Jul 2015

Portrait - Elena

I envisioned this portrait over a year ago. I even made some sketches, looked for reference pictures, thought about the way she is. And then I got scared it wouldn't turn out as I had imagined, so I didn't make it.

But this year, with a brand new attitude, I dared to try. And it was sooo much worth it! It is very exciting to put a bit of yourself into something and turn it into a birthday present, especially if it is for someone as emotional and grateful as Elena is.

(Sorry about the image quality, since it's an uneven lighted picture with lots of Photoshop.)

♦ ♦ ♦

Pensé en hacer este retrato hace más de un año. Incluso hice bocetos, busqué fotografías de referencia, medité acerca de cómo es ella. Y me dio miedo que no me saliese como había imaginado, así que no lo hice.

Pero este año, con otra actitud, me atreví. Y la verdad es que mereció mucho la pena. Es muy emocionante poner un trocito de ti en algo y hacer de ello un regalo de cumpleaños, especialmente si la destinataria es tan emotiva y agradecida como la retratada en este caso.

(Pido disculpas por la calidad de la imagen, ya que es una fotografía que no está muy bien iluminada, con un montón de Photoshop para mejorarla.)


Sketches/Bocetos:



Btw, I even had the time to make a cake for her.
Ah, y también me dio tiempo de hacerle una tarta.


No comments:

Post a Comment