30 Jul 2015

#retoid 3 & 5

Here are the finals for day 3 and 5 of the challenge. I've skipped #4 for now, but I have some plans for it!

Day 3:
Tattoo illustration with retrofuturistic theme. The only condition: white background.

Day 5:
Portrait & handlettering. I had to pick a celebrity I admire and a quote from this person I feel identified with, draw his/her portrait and write the quote by hand, creating a pleasant composition.


♦ ♦ ♦

Aquí están los finales para los días 3 y 5 del reto. Por ahora me he saltado el 4, pero tengo planes para él :)

Día 3:
Ilustración para tatuje de tema retrofuturista. Única condición: que tenga el fondo blanco.

Día 5:
Retrato y handlettering. Tenía que elegir un personaje que admire y una cita suya con la que me sintiese identificada, dibujar su retrato y escribir la cita, formando una composición agradable.

#3

Ground control to Mayor Tom,
Your circuit's dead,
there's something wrong
can you hear me, Mayor Tom? 

The story behind this...I was listening to Space Oddity by David Bowie, and taking into account the way he used to dress in the 70's and the theme, I thought it was necessary to turn Bowie into my alien. Maybe not the usual idea for a tattoo, but I absolutely enjoyed making this illustration. Below, some sketches... as you can see I had a totally different idea at first, but I just couldn't ignore that sketch!
♦ ♦ ♦


La historia tras esta ilustración es curiosa... estaba escuchando Space Oddity de David Bowie y, teniendo en cuenta la pinta que llevaba en los 70 y la temática, no pude evitar pensar que era totalmente necesario hacer de él mi alienígena. Quizás no es una idea para tatuaje muy típica, pero disfruté muchísimo haciendo la ilustración. Debajo dejo algunos bocetos, en los que se puede apreciar que, en un principio, mi idea iba por otros derroteros, ¡pero es que no podía ignorar ese boceto!


#5



I made a list of different quotes I liked from different celebrities, but in the end I picked Terry Pratchett because I wanted to pay a little homage to him. I truly enjoy his books and felt very sad when he passed away.
♦ ♦ ♦


En este caso hice una lista de citas que me gustaban de varios personajes. Finalmente elegí a Terry Pratchett porque quería rendirle un pequeño homenaje... Disfruto muchísimo de sus libros, y me puse muy triste cuando falleció.

La cita en castellano dice así:
"El problema de tener una mente abierta, por supuesto, es que la gente insistirá en venir e intentar poner cosas dentro"

No comments:

Post a Comment